Packwood (Barb Przasnyski property) July12-14, Mon-Wed To help with planning on lodging and food I would greatly appreciate early notification if planning to attend. This can be done by an email to me or a reply to this post. For this outing, we will establish a base camp in Packwood. Our gracious host here will be Barbara Przasnyski who is offering the use of her property. The plan is to meet in Packwood July 12. If you arrive am then time to get in several hours fishing this same day. You can also arrive later and just relax before fishing the next day. Directions: 114 Shady Acres Rd, Packwood From Tacoma area (shortest route): Get to Ashford via Mountain Highway(7) to FR 52 Skate Creek Rd. on your right. This is about 3 miles from the entrance to Mt. Rainier. Drive about 23 miles along Skate Creek Rd. to Packwood. Turn right just before the Cowlitz River Bridge onto Shady Acres Rd. Barb’s house is at 114 Shady Acres Rd. on the right. An alternate route is via Elbe to Morton to Packwood via Highway 12 is a longer distance but about the same road time. Accommodations : - In Barb’s house there will be two twin beds available as well as a day bed, a couch , and a twin sized
sofa bed. - There is a little cabin for either three women or two men because it's a twin over queen bunk. - Also available is a Costco shed with 2 single beds. (fan and insect screen over the door). -Two RV electrical hookups are available up near the main house. Maybe one near Airstream. - There is plenty of room for people to put up a tent. Plus Barb is offering tents if needed. - Two barbecue grills available for members to use as well as a full kitchen in the main house. - There is an indoor bathroom available to members near the little cabin. In that bathroom there is a
shower. Adjacent to that indoor shower is a private heated outdoor shower (with hot water)
available to campers and people staying in little cabin or sleeping in the shed. - Bring your own sleeping bag, pillow, towels, washcloths, paper plates, food & drink to share. -
- Potluck planning is dependent on attendance. Standby for info. - There is a big fire pit that is ideal for gathering each evening. - There is WiFi at the cabin. Access code is internet cowboy. Verizon gets good reception there. Other carriers...not so much. - Should be able to find enough wood on my property. If you have a bunch at home then bring it. -
- Pets welcome. Bring baggies to pick up their deposits.🐕 Fishing options near Packwood:
1. Leech Lake and Dog Lake (vessel or float tube required) are at White Pass which is 19 miles from Packwood. 2. Skate Creek is a beautiful stretch of wadeable water and is a very short walk through the woods behind my property.
3. The Cowlitz River is about 100’ from my property and can be waded or fished from shore.
4. Packwood Lake is about 10 miles south of Packwood. Getting there requires a 3.5 mile hike from
the parking area. Shore fishing is very limited. Best fishing requires a float tube or kayak. There is an ATV trail running roughly parallel to the hiking trail.
5. Numerous creeks are available down many of the Forest Roads off of Highway 12. 6. Less than an hour’s drive from Packwood is Riffe Lake, Mayfield Lake and Mineral Lake. All are best fished with a boat or float tube. Packwood Options : A five-minute drive from the house in town you’ll find Packwood Brewery, Blue Spruce Tavern, Cliff Jumpers (burgers), and more. Blanton’s Grocery Store is nearby as is a gourmet coffee shop across from 4-U Realty. Barb’s number is 253-279-3374 and members may call if they have questions. COVID precautions : If people are vaccinated then they are protected from the virus. However, they could spread it to others who aren’t vaccinated. I suggest everyone bring a mask. Once we know who is vaccinated and who is not then we can wear masks when/where we need to do so. We will be outdoors most of the time and there is less risk outside than in. Staying 6’ apart helps as well.